Closed end scales roller.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

Another closed end cuz that's what I like to make:) this one is Maple burl and Cocobolo with two brass strips. The slots were cut on my new band saw:) and thin slices of Coco inserted in each one. The final is Coco as is the barrel end. Everything was epoxied on this pen accept the scales, they were super glued in. The final shape was achieved with the skew with no catches. The finish is 10 coats CA sanded then sanded again through all the pretty colored pads and polished with Novus. Thanks for looking any comments welcome.
IMG_8117.JPG

IMG_8115.JPG

IMG_8114.JPG

IMG_8116.JPG

IMG_8118.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Great looking design and I love how all the scales line up. You're doing great things with the closed end look. I bought pin chucks for the majestic for the cap and lower barrel so when they arrive I hope to give you a run for your money :biggrin:

Great looking design and I love how all the scales line up. You're doing great things with the closed end look. I bought pin chucks for the majestic for the cap and lower barrel so when they arrive I hope to give you a run for your money :biggrin:
Tim I have never seen a closed end Majestic. They are going to look cool. Looking forward to seeing what magic you work.

firewhatfire

From all of the great pens being posted lately, I am never going get around the curve to learn all of these techniques. I got a couple of ideas floating around that I am sure are going to cause me a headache.

I like it

wiset1

Tim I have never seen a closed end Majestic. They are going to look cool. Looking forward to seeing what magic you work.

I already have my materials segmented out for a design idea, just need to epoxy them up...may be a disaster, but I'll never know till I try. Got to work out the details on some scrap wood first :biggrin:

I did however do that crazy HRB pen a couple months back that only used a portion of the Majestic kit...but NOT a closed end ( http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5183/5627448280_5349876294_b.jpg )

JD Combs Sr

You folks here on the IAP are so creative with such original designs.:) I really love seeing what you come up with next, especially these segmented pens. I am a pretty good at duplicating or copy-catting and making small incremental changes to ideas:rolleyes: but I probably don't have an original idea in my head.:redface:

Top Bottom