Closed end Rhodium gents.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

I have made a few of these closed end pens and just like the looks of them.
These have been done in my own resins of which they are turquoise and black mica and orange and purple mica. The tubes and blanks have been painted with black enamel and black Krylon fusion plastics paint. They have been sanded and sanded again through all the pretty colored pads.
I have added a pic of my stealth slimline in back resin and black chrome hardware. Thanks for taking a look. Comments bad or good welcome.
IMG_7986.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG

IMG_7983.JPG

IMG_7989.JPG

IMG_7993.JPG

IMG_7992.JPG

IMG_7990.JPG

IMG_7995.JPG

IMG_7998.JPG

IMG_7999.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

They all look fantastic. I haven't purchased any of your resin blanks yet but I will. The only thing that would make the gents better in my eyes is if you popped out the kit cap plug, and put in a custom one made from your matching resin. Great job on all the pens.

Tim

G1Pens

The two closed end pens are very nice. I just did my first one for the PTIH. It was a Jr Gent and I was very happy with the way it came out. I will be making more!! You are right...they just have a great look to them. You did a great job and your acrylics look great as well. I also like your stealth slimline. I may have to steal that idea.

SDB777

Maybe I overlooked....PR or Alumite?

Wicked shiney! And the Slimline(I'm not a big fan of them) looks pretty impressive all blacked out like that> And I can't find a swirly or scratch on it anywhere(and black will show a scratch faster then anything).

Those closed end pens and....WOW!

Scott (keep 'em coming) B

MarkD

Great group of pens! The proportions and the style of the closed end pens look spot on. The blanks look great although I prefer the turquoise and black one. Even the blacked out slimline is very cool.

ToddMR

Very nice on all of these. I really like the first two closed end ones. I like the first blank the best. It goes so well with the kit. It catches my eye the most. They all have a great finish. Really nice.

Justturnin

Both look great. Not a fan of slims and I dont like turning them but I would use that badboy everyday with my chest stuck out with pride. Nice work.

Maybe I overlooked....PR or Alumite?

Wicked shiney! And the Slimline(I'm not a big fan of them) looks pretty impressive all blacked out like that> And I can't find a swirly or scratch on it anywhere(and black will show a scratch faster then anything).

Those closed end pens and....WOW!

Scott (keep 'em coming) B
Thanks everyone.
They are all Pr and have all been painted both tube and inside the blanks.
I did not want to ever do another slimline but my wife convinced me to get them for our shows. It turns out it was actually fun to make them again. I dont enjoy turning almost all of the wood or resin off but still fun. Also got some teachers pens but they are more work then they are worth.

wiset1

Fantastic level of work! You've really nailed it with these and the photography really makes them pop.

firewhatfire

I like them but agree with whomever it was that said pop the finial and turn a custom one. they are prety easy to do and make a world of difference.

Phil

Top Bottom