Closed end/recessed clip Perfect Fit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bjackman

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjackman

Hello all,
I really dont post/participate much here, but wanted to share this one here since Vick's work with closed ends and recessing clips was a major push for me to get this one out of my head and into a finished pen. Thanks Vick!! and Russ ;)
This came out surprisingly well for what I was prepared to consider a trial/prototype, so here ya go!
Bill J.

200657154149_closed%20end%20pf%20small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

P.S. I just saw the picture of the hook you put on the clip to do this in your PMG album and I think it is a great idea that will definately open up some other kits to Russ's hidden clip design.

Deere41h

Bill....I think that is great. Nice design on the closed end cap. Reminds me of the Gateway computer. You have convinced me to try the enclosed clip as well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

bjackman

Thanks all for the comments!

Fangar, I'll try to get some better closeup shots of where the clip enters the top section. I do have a this plus a couple others in my PMG album that were able to stay a little higher resoloution. I realize this one wasn't a great shot for the size needed for posts, but it was the best light I had at the time and I don't have a light tent yet.

Joe, Thanks, the blank is from CSU. http://tinyurl.com/fwpg2

Mike, as I said before, credit where credit is due!! [:D] Thanks to both you and Russ for paving the way. I had been kicking around the idea of grinding away some of the internal clip material and "snaking" the remaining portion into the slot. I think that with a little "shape modification" this or a similar method will work well on barons, gents, elgrandes even slimlines. I knew the PF would be a challange since the diameter of the finial stud actually exceeds the width of the tab holding the clip on.

John, thanks for your comments! Haven't had much time to do much of anything since we last talked, and I was waiting for my pin chucks then.
Forgot to say thanks to Pete [:I]

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Originally posted by chigdon
<br />Excellent job! I also would like to see a better picture.
Like he said: some more pictures are in his Guild Gallery album. Not necessarily all that much different, but shows a more detail. You don't have to be a member of the guild to view the galleries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom