Closed end modified snap cap in BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a Closed end snap cap RB that I ordered from Axminster in the UK . It is done in BOW burl (not very burly but great grain) with a CA finish and Modified at the suggestion of Skiprat to also add the blank to the cap . Adding the wood to the cap was an experience in pucker power since the wood is less then 010" thick but I think well worth the effort (Thanks Skippy)

As always , comments welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Too cool Butch!!!:biggrin: You really added some class to that little kit, well done Buddy. I like those kits cos they are as versatile as slims when it comes to mods.
( Your welcome BTW:wink::tongue:)

Oh, nearly forgot....you can actually get those in USA. But the caps have transfers pics on them. I'll try and remember from where.

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words guys . I really like these kits , for a cheap kit they look nice and as Steven said they are very good for modifying and a good source of parts to play with . I'm working on my third order of them so far . They aren't a high end by any means and I'm not sure how long the snap cap will snap will last but for the price I'll risk it .

phillywood

Damn Butch... That is just freakin cool. Period.
+1
Great pen Butch, that is a sharp looking kit, you did a nice job on the closed end.
ken, now we know next yr to pick on our buddy then God knows what he 'd going to creat. If I knew this is what it would take I would have teased him along time ago.

Thanks for the kind words guys . I really like these kits , for a cheap kit they look nice and as Steven said they are very good for modifying and a good source of parts to play with . I'm working on my third order of them so far . They aren't a high end by any means and I'm not sure how long the snap cap will snap will last but for the price I'll risk it .
Butch, what cheap kit, man you make anything turn out nice, cheap or not, had you not said anything I wouldn't know. I don't think your customers going to be able to tell since they are going to be blown away.
I had no Idea about the kit. I thought you didn't like any cheap kit if you say so that it is one.
Heck I rather you teach me how to do that. One of these days I'll get the nerves to come bugging you to tag along in the shop for a day or two.

Top Bottom