Closed End Jr. Statesman in Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Thought I would do something a little different after the casing challenge. This is a closed ended Jr. Statesman in Amboyna Burl. I tried to round out the end of the pen and tried to get the profile of upper and lower barrel to be about the same size. Sanded to 600 grit, EEE X 2, Shellawax X 3. Comments welcomed. Thank you for looking ! :)
Doc

Attachments

• Closed End Amboyna Burl Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    Closed End Amboyna Burl Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 322
  • Closed End Amboyna Burl Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    Closed End Amboyna Burl Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I love Amboyna burl and that pen is one of the best I have seen! :)

I have been curious about the Shellac Wax X 3 ... I have used the XXX Ultrashine but I'd like to add the Shellac Wax into the mix and see what I get for results.

penfancy

Love that pen, Doc! I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys the EEE and Shellawax combo. It looks great and smells good too!

Jim Smith

I think on of the problems with IAP is that we get used to seeing such terrific work from the extremely talented people here that you become used to it. Your pen however, stands out as one of the most beautiful examples of a really classy pen. Very nice job on a really beautiful pen. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Smith

wizard

"I think on of the problems with IAP is that we get used to seeing such terrific work from the extremely talented people here that you become used to it."

Jim Smith

Jim,
Thank you for the sincere compliment on my pen.

Your sentiments about the work on the IAP are similar to mine in that there are so many extremely talented people that you do get used it.
I try to view work on this site in a manner much like one would look at works in a Museum of Fine and Contemporary Art. On many occasions, I go back and look at a pen several times. In my mind's eye, I try to understand the thought process, creativity and most important, the individuality that each artist demonstrates when he or she posts a pen. Individuality is still expressed despite our reliance on kits, however; members keep pushing limits and broken free of that reliance and in doing so, encourage and teach fellow artists to increase the breadth and scope of the ability to express their creativity. It is a honor to be part of this organization.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. I think I've had way too much coffee
this morning.:biggrin::biggrin:
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Doc

Last edited:
Top Bottom