Closed-end Jr.GentII

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rmartin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmartin

I made this pen today for the day. It's based on Ron Sardo's Laminated tute which can be found in >The Library>Articles 2006>Building Segmented Blanks.

200774235532_closedJrgent.jpg

Upclose of closed-end

200774235624_closeUp.jpg

One more angle

200774235724_openEnd.jpg

Happy 4th!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

Excellent design and execution,Sir!!
I really like the colors and the closed
end just makes it that much more.
Very nice,and thanks for sharing it with us.[:)]

Rmartin

Thanks John!

Maybe I should add details of the pen

It was made from three blanks, one each of stablized clear curly maple, red curly maple, and blue curly maple. I had enough left to make one sierra pen. I cut two strips from each blank which were then cut one inch long at a 22.5 degree bevel. This was my first closed-end attempt. I didn't use a special mandrel because I don't have one. LOL. The end cap of clear curly maple was added originally as an extender point to part off, but I liked the look of it, so I kept it.

The screw cap of the JrGent was pressed into the brass tube without the ring. This was glued inside the blank. The cap blank was drilled and glued as normal. I mounted the cap blank with bushings and then the the lower closed end blank on a standard mandrel. Hope that makes sense.

Rmartin

Rmartin

Chuck,

This might give you a better idea. I don't have any pics of the blank, but this is the piece I had left over. It's just long enough to make a sierra. All that I need to do is clean up the edges a bit.

20077541315_scrap.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom