Closed end Jr Gent laminator pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

I had an idea of doing a three wood laminated pen. So I made me a template with a twist in it and laminated away. (you should have seen the glue on my fingers after doing that):eek::eek::eek: After the glue had dried I trimmed it all up to 3/4" and spun it round. You could see the twist but after all was said and done, it was a waste of time trying to twist it, as it really did not show up in the final pen. The woods are Padauk, Fiddleback maple? and Bokote. The pen is slightly short then normal because I wanted to get a final out of the blank. The spring is in there, it just does not do any springing. There are 10 coats CA sanded and sanded again through all the colored pads and polished with Novus.
Thanks for takin a gander. Comments bad or good always welcome.
Brian K.
IMG_8184.JPG

IMG_8185.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8190.JPG

IMG_8191.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Very nice looking pen. I like the lamination. It came out really good on the pen. Another thing I really like, is the shape of the pen. Normally I don't care much for pens that vary from the "traditional shape", but there is something about what you did that really appeals to me.

wiset1

WTF...? I love these before and after shots...! If you told someone...yeah, I just glue this stuff all together then put a hole in it and turn it round they would be like...hugh? :bulgy-eyes:

Great looking pen...where's the brass??? Just kidding

patmurris

Nice job and very good result IMO. I'm sure the little twist did something nonetheless - it's not absolutely symmetrical and gives the pen some more character i think.

Paddy

I like the form very much and the idea of laminating is great. Well done!
But i find the bocote a bit too veined. It distracts a bit from the other woods and the laminating.

Top Bottom