Closed End Jr Gent #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

A week or so ago, I posted a few pictures of my second closed end. I got some great feedback and used that feedback to create this revision. This is the same cap with a different pen body. Obviously the colors are different, but I changed the shape of the body as well as the shape of the "end".

Let me know what you think.

Here is the original post/pen

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/2nd-closed-end-need-input-91685/

Attachments

• IMG_8503a-web.jpg
    IMG_8503a-web.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_8504a-web.jpg
    IMG_8504a-web.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_8505a-web.jpg
    IMG_8505a-web.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_8508a-web.jpg
    IMG_8508a-web.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 152
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrPepper8412

I've been trying to figure something like this out for the longest time! Looks fantastic!!!

Mind sharing the trade secrets that allowed you to have a nice, buffed end with a shape like that?

Looks fabulous. I have done one or two that way and I really like it. Is the cap a different color or is it just the lighting. I bet I know where you got your closed end mandrel from.:wink:

G1Pens

Ruby pen turning said:
Looks fabulous. I have done one or two that way and I really like it. Is the cap a different color or is it just the lighting. I bet I know where you got your closed end mandrel from.:wink:

Cap is solid black. Pen is black/green

G1Pens

Very nice pen Gary. I like it. How did you do the end of it?

I've been trying to figure something like this out for the longest time! Looks fantastic!!!

Mind sharing the trade secrets that allowed you to have a nice, buffed end with a shape like that?

Then main pen body was turned and shaped. I then did the MM think on the pen. With the pen still on the mandrel I took it to my spindle sander and shaped the end. I then hand sanded the end to 600 with sand paper and with MM to 1800, From there I took it to the buffer and buffed the end and entire pen, There may be a better way, but that is how I did it for now.

Top Bottom