Closed end Huon Pine Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

Another closed end, this time some Huon Pine from Tasmania on a gold Baron.

I left the 2 rings off the cap centerband to give the pen a sleeker look.
The shorter cap was no problem with the Rollerball.

The pen has a glossy CA finish, just doesn't show under my diffused LED lighting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_9192.jpg
    DSC_9192.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_9193.jpg
    DSC_9193.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC_9194.jpg
    DSC_9194.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

What a great pen for showing off your work with the beautiful Houn. I have and am hoarding a selection of the HP blanks, and each future use of these will only be for something special. You pen fits that description. Excellent form on the closed end...
:):)

Ironwood

Thanks Steve, Mark, and John.
Steve, I am glad you have an appreciation of Huon like I do, it's a wonderful timber, and right up there with the best in the world. It's getting harder to get it as the years go by, the heavily Birdseye stuff is really hard to get now, I have a few blanks that I am saving as well.

Mark and John, this is a shape that I developed many years ago when I was playing with closed end pens, I found a couple of these cheap kits in the drawer, and decided to revisit this design style. I was using these for experimenting with styles and shapes back then.
I feel a bit of a pang putting good blanks on cheap kits, but nevertheless they still look pretty good, and they will just be going into my collection , so they are more for looking at than using.

SteveG

Thanks Steve, Mark, and John.
Steve, I am glad you have an appreciation of Huon like I do, it's a wonderful timber, and right up there with the best in the world. It's getting harder to get it as the years go by, the heavily Birdseye stuff is really hard to get now, I have a few blanks that I am saving as well.

My stash of H.P. blanks are mostly the nice birdseye variety. Yes, very much treasured! :wink:

Top Bottom