Closed End Fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tjd

tjd

A Gold Closed end Fountain pen with Skull & Bone Clip made using Bethlehem Olivewood

P8215730.JPG

P8215731.JPG

P8215733.JPG

P8215734.JPG

P8215736.JPG

P8215735.JPG

P8215737.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's very attractive !~!~!

I also like that little dragon prop that you frequently show !! . Wish I knew where to get one !!

Reactions: tjd

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Love the timber. Love the closed end.

Kit... maybe not :rolleyes:. But if it was a commission ( or turned for my son who loves skulls and dragons, etc...) perfectly fine!!!

But, I do appreciate the skill for the closed ends - Done well!

Last edited:

OZturner

Excellent Closed End Pen, Thomas.
Beautiful, Bethlehem Olive Blank,
Terrific Closed End Turning, Fit and Finish.
Great Pen.
Congratulations,
Brian.

jttheclockman

I too love the wood. BOW is probably some of the nicest wood to work with. I too am not at all a fan of the kit . I can see how others find it appealing so that is a matter of choice.

The closed end is a nice touch but I am a fan more of a little dramatic statement such as a 45 degree end or even a flat end. Not a fan of the round end.

But these are little personal things so I will say you did a fine job and I am sure it will be well received. Good luck and thanks for showing.

tjd

Love the timber. Love the closed end.

Kit... maybe not :rolleyes:. But if it was a commission ( or turned for my son who loves skulls and dragons, etc...) perfectly fine!!!

But, I do appreciate the skill for the closed ends - Done well!

+1. Love the way you finished this pen, just not sure about the kit.

It is a Hybrid , a combination of an Apollo FP and PSI Skeleton Twist Action rollerball, I have combined the two for someone who wanted a Skull design Fountain pen.The upper blank has two different diameter brass tubes to create this design, I feel i should have made the lower blank longer , but it is a one off design and the Olive does the pen proud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom