Closed End Desk Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

I'm giving a demo to my wood turning club next week and so I spent some time today practicing and preparing an article on what I'm doing.

This is a closed end desk pen made from spalted pecan. No surprise, that I got the inspiration from Ed "YoYo" Davidson :) Thanks Ed. This was my first "rocket pen"

If you are interested in the notes I prepared on how I made this pen you can see them on my blog.

Almost forgot, thanks Charles "Glass Scratcher" for the spalted pecan. Very nice stuff :)

1_ACT_807201.jpg

1_ACT_807302.jpg

1_ACT_807417.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Great job Keith! That is a great idea for a desk set and a beautiful blank to boot. I personally think the closed end could have done with a little more character.

Nice finish and out of the box pics for you :)

moyehow

Nice Job! I love the spalted pecan. Now I have to try doing one myself. You just gave me more work to do. My wife is not going to be pleased.

VisExp

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Great looking pen Keith. Another one I am going to have to try.

I'll bet it would look great in a 360 degree herringbone pattern Neil :wink: :biggrin:

Very nice Keith! the only thing i'd do different would be cut the base on a angle,but that's just me Keith .:rolleyes::biggrin::wink:

Do you mean so the lower barrel is sitting at an angle on the desk pointing towards the user? That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to play with that.

Now I have another project to do.

Now I have to try doing one myself. You just gave me more work to do.

The project list never ends :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Top Bottom