Closed End Dark Matter w/ new cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from constamj

constamj

So I decided to try a closed end pen and just had to show the results. Thanks to Karl for the blank. It really stands out in bright light, but shows its dark side in lower light. I painted the inside of the blank with black paint and I think that is what kept it so dark. I may need to get another one sometime and try it with a lighter color. Please let me know what you think and if there is anything I could do to improve it.

I found something that would improve it. Let me know what you think of it now.

200841151337_IMGP2956-1.jpg

200841151354_IMGP2926.jpg

2008424040_IMGP2962.jpg

200842414_IMGP2976-4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Great work! I agree that a lighter color might make the closed end look a little to dark.

IMHO, the barrel would benefit from a little taper toward the end, just to match the taper built into the top of the cap, just to keep it from looking bottom heavy when assembled.

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, that's the first one of those that I've seen turned, nice work! That's a great closed end with simple, elegant lines.

I'd stick with the black paint, too, but the blue resin has transparent pigment where the black has opaque pigment, so it might be okay to use white under there...? :)

Another thing I've thought of trying is white paint under the colored (cobalt blue in your case) parts and black under the black parts to make the colors really pop, but I've not tried it yet.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey !!!!!!...That's MY blank I was gonna buy from Karl someday , when I got enough MONEY !!! But it wouldn't have looked as nice as this one . :( Beautiful pen ! [8D]

constamj

Karl, Thanks for the blank. It really did turn out great. As for the material, it turned like a dream.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I think this will be a carry pen for a while.

Top Bottom