Closed End with Custom Finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I have been in a bit of a lull for a few weeks. Getting enough shop time seemed useless to try. After being asked to do a a couple of Demo's over the next couple of months, I figured I better get out and do something. It started with Casting blanks getting ready for the 1st Demo. Several of the blanks started looking interesting so I chose one to give a go. it is a teal/pearl white/blackstar red(I think)I chose to do a closed end as it had been a while since I tried one. After closing the end I thought it needed a new finial. It is a Rhodium/Gold Jr Gent 2 component set or whats left after I discarded part of it:biggrin:. Comments and Critiques are welcome and thanks for looking.
castpen003.jpg

castpen004.jpg

castpen005.jpg

castpen007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

yes sir, thats a purty one. finial looks great.
if a person wanted to, could you remove the little gold ring on the center band?
reason i ask cause i have a few gent. pens to make and thought about trying to replace it with a piece of the blank along with the finial also.

firewhatfire

dont know.........never tried removing that ring. I know some are fairly easy to remove

if a person wanted to, could you remove the little gold ring on the center band?
reason i ask cause i have a few gent. pens to make and thought about trying to replace it with a piece of the blank along with the finial also.

dansills

dont know.........never tried removing that ring. I know some are fairly easy to remove

Terrible photo but this was one I had uploaded a few months back. Jr gent in rhodium with custom finial and center band:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/inlace-acrylester-conquest-96384/

Last edited:
Top Bottom