closed-end curly walnut Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redfishsc

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

Jr Gent with curly walnut, Ti gold. I really like the form of this pen. It went to one of the faculty members of the Seminary who is a fountain pen fanatic and he just adores the pen. His favorite part, lol, is the broad nib I put on it for him. He's payed twice this amount for Watermans and Parkers that didn't write nearly as nice (I guess that means my price just went up a tad[:p])

Again, sorry about the weird pic. I haven't had good times with my camera lately and I was too lazy to reshoot when the sun had set a bit more.

curly_walnut_gent_Tigold.JPG

curly_walnut_gent_TIgold2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey redfish, nice, nice work on the closed-end curly walnut ... what is the finish on the wood ?? (i.e. sealer and sanding)
(For my own personal pens, the more often I turn wood (as opposed to polyresin), the more I like a satin finish and feel ...
but that is just for my own hands and grip .... )

Sharp looking FP

redfishsc

The wood as sealed and grain-filled with CA, and sanded smooth with 400 grit and sprayed with conversion varnish (a very high-durability lacquer available only through commercial cabinetry suppliers and similar wholesalers).

It is a satin. Spray and done...well... a tad of wax to finish it off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom