Closed End Chrome Baron with Pearl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

Finally got my pressure pot set up, thank you to all those people that have shared their experiences, they really helped me on the way.

I cast a straight Black PR. Decided that it would make a nice Chrome Baron, made a closed end and added a little pearl feature to the end. Trying something different all the time, won't go stale that way.

Was very impressed with the way the black PR turned and took a polish. Decided to add one extra step to my normal acrylic finishing, after the White Diamond mop I put it back on the lathe and polished with fibreglass polish at highest speed.

Best finish I've achieved on an acrylic yet.

1_PICT0028_small.jpg
1_PICT0023._smalljpg.jpg
1_PICT0028_small.jpg
1_20080801_018_small.jpg

1_20080801_008_small.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Great shape to the pen. Pearl sticks out a little far for me.

How about a polished up ballbearing next time? It would match the kit perfectly.

bitshird

I hate to use the term but that pen rather looks a bit SEXY, beautiful Baron, I just wish the nib section on them were just a tad bit larger. but regardless, that is a beautiful pen.

JohnU

Great job on your casting and the end results look BEAUTIFUL. A very clean, elegant and rich look. I like what you did with the pearl. Nice Job!

VisExp

That is very clean and elegant. It took me a while looking at the photo's before I made up my mind about the pearl, but it grew on me :)

Top Bottom