closed end baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB smoke acrylic and corian...chrome baron rb.

20066218583_chrome%20baron%20rb%20acrylic.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Max

WOW!! That is soooo pretty!!! Did you glue the little white center band somehow?

very, very nice!!
-Max

gerryr

Thanks for the closeup. Did you have to paint the cap tube? The material looks like it could be pretty transluscent, but I don't see any brass color.

The centerband section was pressure fit, the top bead was glued, then turned. I did not paint the tube and I am lucky it didnt show thru as it has a bit of a belly shape. I just may do that the next time.

Fangar

Looks really nice Glenn. I really like the rings. Great work, and a very inspirational pen for us to look at. Thanks.

Fangar

mick

Glenn I love the mods you've given my favorite kit. I'm assuming the white part of the centerband replaced the small black one that comes with the kit? I've had the black band on my daily carrier( a stars and stripes baron) wear out, or all the black come of rather...this is a great fix for that. If you don't mind I may experiment with this idea. Once again .......beautiful pen!!!

Thanks mick, It is not my creation to claim, but I do like the accent it gives and I hope you modify the concept so that I may hitchhike on your idea, too. You are right, it does solve some stock part problems. Just a suggestion....dont make it too tight as it will crack upon pressure fitting.
Replacing the cap finnial is more difficult as it is such a small part.

Jay,
I am flattered with the compliments from you and all the others.
Watch for a similar, yet (IMHO)more challenging version to show at Provo. Did you send some of your own originals to the rendezvous?

its_virgil

Nice pen Glenn! Refreshing combinations of materials. I am lucky to have of Glen's modified barons in my collection...it even has the wooden ring in the CB...I just love these pen exchanges. I'm looking forward to seeing your cration at the Rendezvous....your work is always nice.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom