Closed End Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

Here is a closed end White Tail Antler on a Statesman II Rhodium and Black Titanium FP. The curve on the end was a little tricky - especially to assemble!
Comments and Criticisms Welcome!

Attachments

• FP121-0214-1.jpg
    FP121-0214-1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 302
  • FP121-0214-5.jpg
    FP121-0214-5.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 241
  • FP121-0214-4.jpg
    FP121-0214-4.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great Pen Keith,
Love the Curved End Antler.
Nice choice of kit, the Statesman Rodium complements the blank Beautifuly.
Terriifc Fit and Finish,
Congratulations.
Brian.

keithbyrd

Great looking pen. Too late now, you should have entered it in the Antler, Horn and Bone Pen Contest.

Per the contest rules - ""Closed end" and "hidden" clips are very much similar and fall more into the "modified" category, so they will be not be allowed. "

So it looks like I would have been disqualified anyway!

lyonsacc

Great looking pen. Too late now, you should have entered it in the Antler, Horn and Bone Pen Contest.

Per the contest rules - ""Closed end" and "hidden" clips are very much similar and fall more into the "modified" category, so they will be not be allowed. "

Yep, I had a closed end drilled and tubed for the contest - and then I read the rules . . .:redface:

This pen is GREAT!

keithbyrd

I made on simulair to that, gave it to a guy, he said it is to long and won't fit in his pocket............I took a pair of pair of scissors and cut a hole in in his pocket.......
I said there ya go know it will fir

Good solution! I am making a desk stand for the pen also - might deter someone from thinking it is a pocket pen!:)

TimS124

Nice looking pen.

I've done a few closed end antler designs. Since the curve often makes it impossible (or at least very impractical) to press in the fittings, I generally "persuade" the parts into place with the flat end of a turned wooden mallet.

No need to smash the parts…just a series of solid taps will drive the parts home.

What did you end up doing to get your parts pressed into place?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

That's true. Still a fantastic looking pen.

keithbyrd

I will take a couple of pictures and show - lot easier than trying to describe it - was able to use the pen press - will do that tonight

Here are a couple of Pics to show how I pressed the pieces in the curved tine:
Tried to rearrange pics ?? - Picture 3 shows the tools - piece of PVC pipe (big enough to insert the tine and allow some movement - this is 1 1/2 ) cut out to fit over bottom of pen press, Pic 2 shows the pliers used to hold the pen and pic 3 shows the pen ready to press.

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Top Bottom