Closed both ends SlimLine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RussFairfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
I am still experimenting with better ways to close the ends of a pen and still have the clip. Thanks to Bill Jackman's recent postings and an exchange of e-mails, I discovered that I had the solution 3-years ago but had missed it.

The secret for me was discovering that I could burn through the wood to make the slot. I had previously used some combination of a dental pick, small drills, tiny milling cutters, scrollsaw blades, files, and a lot of time. The burning tool takes about 1-second after the slot is located.

This is todays latest SlimLine.

2006121163247_DSC00163.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Russ-
Did you use a standard slimline clip or is that a clip from a pen that uses the little stud?(grind down to a "tab")
You gotta love the "lowly slimline"[:D]

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
There is an entire SlimLine kit under the hood. I cut and reshape the attachment ring on the clip so it can be threaded through the slot and held in place between a plug in the end of the brass tube and a flat bottomed hole. I make the plug from the kit finial. The top barrel is turned and finished with a Delrin sleeve inside to keep it centered on the mandrel. The tube is then glued in after the barrel is finished. There is nothing that says the tubes have to be glued in before turning and finishing the pen.

Skye

Originally posted by RussFairfield
<br />There is nothing that looks worse and is less functional than a wood clip on a pen.[:0][:0]

No, I dont want to know how yo know that, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom