Close but no cigar this time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I really like the El Presidente and El Toro(Havanna and Little Havanna from CSUSA). These kits have a lot of possibilities. Vick is way ahead of me on that aspect with the closed end. The one thing I don't care for about these kits is the CB, sometimes it looks OK, but mostly I think it's too much. This is a Sterling Silver El Presidente. I eliminated the CB and replaced it with African Blackwood. I didn't plan quite far enough ahead and couldn't bury the silver trim ring. But, at least I know what to do next time. The wood is Redwood Burl, finish is CA.

20066615219_ElPresidente1.jpg

20066615246_ElPresident2.jpg

Thanks for looking and especially for comments, good or bad.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Great work. This pen looks fantastic. If I might offer one suggestion, I might have made a custom piece to meet up with the custom centerpiece on when capped. Likely I would have made the body recess just slightly into the cap. Just my eye's thought. But the wood, finish, custom centerband, photo and presentation make this pen a real winner. Thanks for sharing.

Fangar

gerryr

Thanks for all the compliments and to Fangar for the constructive thoughts. This one might just head back to the lathe, at least the cap anyway. It still bugs me that I didn't plan correctly for the trim ring to be buried when the cap is on.[B)] I'm not crazy about the clip, but it's going to take some thought to come up with a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom