The clip less clicker.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

I made this really nice long clicker tonight and as usual, I cant wait to see the finished product. This time though I forgot to put the part that clips the pen securely to the shirt pocked. Do you think there are buyers out there that would rather there not be a clip?
The pen is Amboyna with over 10 coats CA sanded and sanded through all the pretty colored pads and polished with NOvus.

IMG_7321.JPG

IMG_7318.JPG

IMG_7320.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I would love to take it back apart but the fit was VERY tight and on the last one I took apart the aluminum attached to the clicker mech just kept disintegrating and the parts where destroyed. I did manage to save the body though:biggrin:

Curly

It is a great looking pen. Maybe a turned base to use as a desk pen.

If you decide to leave it as is I would like the clip if you don' t want to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

juteck

nice looking pen!

I made my wife a long click with the clip, and she said she'd like the next one without. It goes in her scrub pocket, or rolls around the bottom of her work bag. With a clip, she said the doctors find it too easy to clip into their own pockets.

Last edited:

Crickett

I had that happen and was able to use a small transfer punch in the nib end to remove the transmission, you just need to be careful and have the punch rest on the edge of the long metal part, not the transmission itself, you may need to insert the flat end and hammer on the point though ... I'm not admitting to doing that. ;o)

Sent from my iPhone because it's smarter than Ron's

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I had that happen and was able to use a small transfer punch in the nib end to remove the transmission, you just need to be careful and have the punch rest on the edge of the long metal part, not the transmission itself, you may need to insert the flat end and hammer on the point though ...
What Marla said! As well, move around that point so you are beating it from all points!

Nice pen but it looks Neked.....

Well it is neked...its not wearing any clip.:eek:

As to getting the clicker back out, I have tried it on another long click that was not clicking correctly and the long aluminum tube that is attached to the clicker just kept disintegrating till it was gone. I have a genuine HF punch set. The clicker mech did not budge!
I have taken a lot of pens apart but this one does not like me.:rolleyes:

Old Lar

I think if looks great. Leave the clip off and don't risk the clicking mechanism. As good as it looks, someone will like it without the clip.

Top Bottom