click siera w/o chrome tip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pentex

pentex

Made this sierra click without using the chrome tip and it works fine. You can use the regular sierra tubes, they just have to be shortened a bit and you won't have to worry about the little tip getting lost.

200853018_click%20sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by pentex

Made this sierra click without using the chrome tip and it works fine. You can use the regular sierra tubes, they just have to be shortened a bit and you won't have to worry about the little tip getting lost.

200853018_click%20sierra.jpg

??What do you mean "without the chrome tip"?

pentex

Rudy, like Johnnie said, there is a little chrome tip that goes into the refill tube and would be easily lost if you sold the pen. I also like the shorter pen and the click part works good.

JohnU

Nice Looking Pen! Has anyone ever thought of altering the kit a bit and changing the black parts with something else? Maybe a different color or material. I like the kits but some of my pr would look better with say, white instead of black.

fernhills

Hi,well now i am confused,by making that change you can only offer one refill,you augmented an option away from the customer. Very nice pen,nice work. Carl

hughbie

isn't that extension used on the ink refills and you don't use the extension when you use a gel refill? well, i just recently bought a 'parker' gel refill and when i went to change it out with my ink refill i noticed the funniest thing, the gel refill and the ink refill are the same length. i'm not using them in a click sierra pen but a twist. now that got me to thinking along the same thing......if you were to shorten the tube on the click so you don't have to use the extension....hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

M

Mudder

Originally posted by hughbie

isn't that extension used on the ink refills and you don't use the extension when you use a gel refill? well, i just recently bought a 'parker' gel refill and when i went to change it out with my ink refill i noticed the funniest thing, the gel refill and the ink refill are the same length. i'm not using them in a click sierra pen but a twist. now that got me to thinking along the same thing......if you were to shorten the tube on the click so you don't have to use the extension....hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No,

The sierra click was designed to use a uniball refill without the extension or a parker refill with the extension.

Randy_

Originally posted by pentex

If you are willing to give up the option of using the uni-ball refill, it makes perfect sense to most folks. You don't even need to use a standard Sierra tube. Just cut off your drilled and tubed Sierra click blank by the length of the extension.....about 0.505".

Just out of curiosity, I took a few more measurements of the assembled Sierra twist and click pens to see how they compare. The twist pen measures about 5.2". The body of the click pen is about 3/16" longer at 5.38" and if you add in the length of the button, the total Lentlength is about 5.7". So if you cut off a half inch to eliminate the need for the extension, the modified click pen will be essentially the same length as the twist pen.

Top Bottom