Click Cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a modified cigar pen . It is a Cap actuated click cigar pen . The blank is one of Ed and Dawns imported metallic silver acrylic blanks and the click mechanism is from Richard Greenwald . I used a Black Ti cigar kit to match the blank and the CB is some homebrew Black PR

1_clickcigar.jpg

1_clickcigar2.jpg

As always , comments are welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Thanks guys . I got the inspiration when I was making the Green finial operated long cigar pen for my son last week . I've never seen one before either , maybe I should Patent or Copyright it ? :devil::wink::biggrin:
I had to turn the lower barrel almost totally bushing to bushing (but I didn't use any bushings :biggrin:) so the upper barrel slides smoothly over the bottom barrel . I used the cap click mechanism from Richard Greenwald http://richardlgreenwald.com/ .
Both parts of the pen are drilled half way with two different sized holes , 10mm for the tubes that hold the nib and finial/clip/actuator tube and 9/32" for the tube I threaded for the click mechanism in the lower barrel and 1/2" for a Ligero upper tube that slides over the body and holds the CB together .

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im not sure I would have liked all the silver metals and blank but it does look really good. The silver with black trim really stands out. Nice work Butch

RichB

This really is something to see one. Awhile back I posted a question if anybody had made one like that because I had a cheap plastic one. I took it apart and what a bunch of double drilling I would have to do. I never got a answer. The plastic one was an advertising pen for something. Thank you for the info on how you made it and where to get the click part. Thank you so much for showing it and what a great job. You have made a masterpiece. RichB

Last edited:

thewishman

Butch, that is a pen that anyone would like. To a penturner that is totally awesome!!! Very nice work in changing some regular parts in a new and unexpected way.

NPGJ!

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . This one was another fun one to design . I blew up the first try at it when I got a little aggressive while turning it down to final size .
I get more of a kick out of making modified or kitless ballpoints then kitless fountain pens because there are many more problems to work around with these .
The mechanisms I've been buying from Richard are good , high quality mechanisms and are adaptable for many different designs but keep in mind that they DO NOT come with any instructions so to use them successfully you have to design your concepts around them . Here's the link to the one I used for this pen http://richardlgreenwald.com/mechanisms-p-28.html .
I'm working on a design for another different modified cigar pen using this mechanism .

Last edited:
Top Bottom