Click Bullet Proof of Concept (Not PSI's)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

So this thread http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/bullet-pen-mechanisms-search-98057/ got me thinking about a click bullet which had a smooth and reliable click mech. So, here is what I came up with. Now, as this was a proof of concept I did not polish out my brass, in fact, I found the nastiest .308 casing I could find as to not waste my good ones. So please over look that aspect, but the concept is sound. This is a modification of my kitless click pen. Comments and questions welcome.

Closed
pocbulletclick.jpg

Open
pocbulletclick2.jpg

Parts
pocbulletclick3.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnGreco

I like it! And honestly, every .50 cal pen I sell, I sell without polishing up the casing. It's an actual bullet, people buying it for that reason don't mind it looking like one :)

hewunch

I like it! And honestly, every .50 cal pen I sell, I sell without polishing up the casing. It's an actual bullet, people buying it for that reason don't mind it looking like one :)

I hear you. Honestly, I go back and forth on that all the time. Thanks for the kind words!

Overall the concept is cool. I would use nickel casing over brass to match the click mech but that's for a future pen. Well done Hans!

You and me both, but I have to come up with some Nickel casings :rolleyes:. Thanks buddy, you started this. :tongue:

hewunch

I like it, Hans! Did you machine the click mech, or take it from a commercial donor like I have done? What can I say, I like quick and easy. ;-)

Billy, I used a click mech from Richard Greenwald. check out my tutorial on the kitless click. You can find it on the home page. It shows the mech. Thanks for the kind words!

Top Bottom