Clemson Tigers pen in BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Here's one I made this weekend. It's the second of this idea, the first one met a horrible fate. The threaded part that gets pushed into the finial end was loose, of course, so I dripped in some thin CA. Shot a little ACC in there, it dang near exploded. It was like a mad scientist's beaker, smoke boiling over the sides, turning the whole cap whites. Terrible.

Decided to go again, this time with thicker lines. The inlays are white embossing powder mixed with PR colorant. Only used the white embossing powder because it was all I had to lighten the color. Need to buy some white PR colorant.

It's for a local craft fair. The colors are for Clemson, which is one of two big teams here.

clemson.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Unlike Clem<b>SUX</b> the pen lookS <b>C</b>reatively Great!
What SPURRIERED you to come up with such an innovation?[:D]

Skye

Heheh, well there's that show coming up soon, the church is filled with Clemson fans. I'm going to have to make some SC ones too. I need to mess with my colors a little, need to lighten the purple a little.

TBone

Well let's see which side of the fence Eagle falls on, USC or CU? [:D]

Skye, the pen looks good, probably sell good after this weekend also. What's the wood? (DUHHH - Helps to read the title too)

However if you replace that orange with gold, it would look better [8D]

chigdon

Well I can't say that I care for either! Being a Dawg, I am afraid to say too much without putting my foot deeply in my mouth though. Ya'll kicked the #$^& out of Tech though!

jedgerton

After this past weekend, maybe you want to go with all purple (unless you are a Tech fan!

Pen looks great. I would like to know more about the inlay process. I'm a Clemson Tiger that has just started turning pens.

underdog

Looks good Skye.

I'd like to know more about the inlay also. Had a Dawg fan ask for one the other day...

I'd use some dye, but I don't have the correct color of red...

melogic

Skye, that's an awesome job on the colors, finish and fit. I would also like to know a little more about the process in which you used to do the colors. Even though Clemson is one of the schools my daughter is looking to attend, those colors remind me of the University of Virginia. GO HOO'S!!!!!!!

Skye

Jim and Mike, all I did was cut a trench (for lack of the turning turn) lined it with a little thick CA, poured a little powder all the way around to give the rest something to grip onto. Put a small pile on one spot, drop some thin CA on it. Did this all the way around as fast as I can, filling the trench with powder.

The powder is white embossing powder (not preferred) and some PR color powders I ordered to make casts with.

I think there's a video, by Russ maybe, here that shows this. I'll try to find a link for it shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom