CLEAR celtic knot!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

269585_179810315412375_100001502242963_459495_2477570_n.jpg

I used what appeared to be plexiglass to make this knot. I used a gold Slim kit and scavenged a spare Trim centerband. White oak, CA finish. The knot lights up pretty nicely when exposed to a good enough light source.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Allan,
That is without a doubt your best work shown to date...well done, very clean, finish looks very nice...and well done photo too...

seamus7227

Very Nice indeed! I really like your transition from the nib to the lower barrel, so many times its really hard to get the right look, but have achieved that look that i envision as being the best! Great Job

Drstrangefart

Turns out the plexiglass or whatever it is turns pretty nicely by itself on a lathe. I made a centerband out of it for the red white and blue pen I made a while back so the pattern would line back up and everything fit better. Looks like I have a new material for centerbands that can make them wafer thin when the situation calls for it.

patmurris

Nice job on the knot and the pen - i like slims when they are actually slim...
Maybe the knot would be better placed upper on the top barrel, like centered under the clip?
Good idea to use some transparent material too!

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

Nice job on the knot and the pen - i like slims when they are actually slim...
Maybe the knot would be better placed upper on the top barrel, like centered under the clip?
Good idea to use some transparent material too!

I was planning on placing it higher, but after talking it over with Dad, we decided to just center it up on the barrel instead. He was on hand making sure I knew what I was doing with his workshop. I was able to work on this while waiting for coats of clear to dry on my wooden bowl.

Top Bottom