Clear Cast with Metalic Blue Swirl "A BROOKS BLANK"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here is a blank Jonathon sent me with an order of blanks to try out. It's a clear transparent cast with a metalic blue swirl mixed in. I reverse painted the blank a platnium color to kind of match the metalic in the blank. Turned out pretty neat.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

burgerman

Beautiful job Keith! The lower barrel in the first photo looks a little like one of those M3 blanks.

BSea

Very Nice, Does it have a lot of dept to the colors, I mean like can you see under and around the swirls?
As an avic Brooks blank fan, I can say that the ones I've done from him that are similar, you can see through under & around the swirls depending on how think the swirl is in any particular area. It gives a very 3D effect that you really can't see in a picture. And what's really fun about those blanks is that you can get an entirely different looking pen by changing the color of the reverse paint.

Beautiful job Keith! The lower barrel in the first photo looks a little like one of those M3 blanks.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Really good job.

Last edited:

Brooks803

WOW!!! That is cool as hell. You did an absolute perfect job with the reverse painting Keith! With the clear it really can magnify any mistakes. You sir did an amazing job! I wish those blanks weren't so frickn hard to make.

mrburls

WOW!!! That is cool as hell. You did an absolute perfect job with the reverse painting Keith! With the clear it really can magnify any mistakes. You sir did an amazing job! I wish those blanks weren't so frickn hard to make.

Thanks for the comments Jonathon. You absolutly have to make sure there is no drill marks on this type of blank or it will show. Lot of sanding inside of blank before painting. Only thing I would sugest Jonathon is maybe add a little more of the colored swirl to blank. Till you turn it down and drill out the center for tube, alot of color is gone. A little more color would make one heck of a spectacular pen. Not that this one did'nt turn out bad.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom