Cleaned up some newbie mistakes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RetiredJake

RetiredJake

I had a bunch of pens I made in Tucson when I first started, they were pretty ugly after reviewing them 6 months later. So, the last couple of weeks I started taking them apart, cleaning up the profiles, matching the diameters to the hardware, and getting them, hopefully, concentric to the tube center. Wound up trashing a couple, had about 4 or 5 tubes come loose when removing transmissions, and wound up with pretty sore hands from all the hammering to get them apart. The attached foto shows a portion of them that I finally got around to photographing today so I could put them in my database. In total, I repaired about 30 pens.

Jake

Attachments

• IMG_3138_resized.JPG
    IMG_3138_resized.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Review them again in a years time , and you will probably find a new bunch of problems to correct !

Someone sells a modified vice grip clamp to hold the body while hammering . Two sided turners tape will also help .

jmbaker79

Looks good!... I need to do the same sometime soon luckily it isn't 30, I don't think, and they are mostly sierras so the single short barrel should go fairly quick!

Lucky2

That's a nice looking collection of pens, but, I disagree with redoing all of your old ones over again. I think that you should save a few of them, just so that you can always go back and look at them just to see how much your penturning has improved.
Len

Top Bottom