CLAY PEN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johncrane

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncrane

My Grand daughter ask me to make her a clay pen! she pick out a black Patriot and orange clay'a very

20061129114455_100_1316.jpg

bright colour. l gave it to her tonight she was very happy and said its so Cool pa! l love it'l said to her if you break it bring it back to me and l fix it. l was thinking to myself this will be a good test for claypens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Now that is orange, nice John.
I would like to know how it holds up down the road. The feedback from Poly clay pens,
is they did not hold up very well.

johncrane

Skye l used two 2g tubes of Pasco Super Glue and blo not sure how many coats l did. And L sanded to 12mm every 3or4 coats'.l made a test pen and droped it on the concret a few times it didnt break!so l thru the pen realy hard on to the concret to get it to break! lam trying differrent finishes it see what holds up best.[:D]
also my grand daughter put her new pen in a pen bag with all her other pens so l dont think its going to get any special care.

Skye

Well, one thing people here are talking about is the clay tends to get 'tacky' when it mixes with the oil in the hands. I think a CA finish would solve that though. So, dont go breaking them all! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom