Clay with depth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PTownSubbie

PTownSubbie

We have been trying some new techniques to see what we get as results. This is a scene with fish in a tank type setting. The fish actually look like they are in water. The depth on this is incredible but the pictures don't do it justice.

The pen is Tina's Polymer Clay on a Wall Street II Click pen.

What do you think? Comments are desired! That is the best way to progress....

Attachments

• fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 388
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 398
  • fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Transparent clay is what you use around core designs such as flower petals to maintain their shape when reducing the cane. It starts out an off white or waxy color (depending on the brand) and bakes clear if you cut it thin enough.

jlnel

I hate it... I mean the fact I cant do such a wonderful job on a blank!! id love to try it but, I see tons little pieces of clay all over the house the cat plays with!! some of the most beautiful pens I have seen have been done w clay.

I hate it... I mean the fact I cant do such a wonderful job on a blank!! id love to try it but, I see tons little pieces of clay all over the house the cat plays with!! some of the most beautiful pens I have seen have been done w clay.

The basic concepts of using polymer clay are quite simple but takes creativity and patience in learning how to use or apply them to get the components and final designs you are happy with. I have been at it for several years but still see many other amazing artworks I would like to learn. Like with any artistic process, you need to appreciate the process of failures to stay motivated to try again something new and hopefully better each time.

BSea

The fish and coral are polymer clay but applied over a back-painted tube with transparent clay over it...I am so excited to finally combine my two favorite hobbies.

fish-closeup3.jpg
That is so awesome! I love the 3d effect. And the aquarium idea is genius.

Thanks for the closeup. That really helped to understand what was happening.

GREAT JOB! :good:

GeoWade

That clay is freaking awesome. The pen looks great, too. Personally, I'd like to see a platinum or rhodium kit with this clay. In any case, great work! You're lucky to have a partner to share this with!

Top Bottom