Classic Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Well this was my first attempt at doing a classic roller ball. I was nervous since it required a 1/8" tenon cut be made for the cap end. I used a piece of wenge wood I got yesterday as it was a nice dark brown which I thought would look good with the gold plating. I did 150-600 dry sand, then the MM wet all the way up. I did use 3 coats HUT Crystal coat, and then applied 1 coat of thin CA, then did 5 coats med CA, light sanding with 600 grit on coats 3 & 4. After the 5th coat I did MM wet again all the way up. It might not be a high dollar kit but I think it does look kind of classy. All comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

144541-438x.jpg
144544-438x.jpg

144542-438x.jpg
144543-438x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Nice job Todd. Have you tried writing with it? Maybe found a new daily driver????

Mark, oh yeah, it writes smooth! Not sure what I am going to do with it just yet. I was just happy with my results for a 1st attempt lol. Thanks for the nice comments all.

Mark

I'm in Retail Flooring sales (my real job). I've always used Bic pens...

Since getting into making my own pens, I use nothing but RB's. I LOVE writing with a RB. I've sold three of my daily drivers, to customers that need to sign a check or credit card receipt. :cool: They love the way the RB writes and want one. Who am I to deny them of that pleasure...:biggrin:

Good Luck. Nice job...

Top Bottom