Classic Amer Filigree in Ebony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from twoofakind

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoofakind

I thought this kit would look better after it was finished. The wood turned out excellent, but I think the kit takes away from the ebony a little. Let me know what you think.[?]
Andy

2006928165423_0225.jpg

2006928165433_0228.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Looks like you did a good job, although I think the curvature of the lower barrel detracts from the overall impression since the cap is obviously straight. But, that's only my opinion and other may not and probably won't agree.[:D]

wood-of-1kind

Andy, I have to agree with your summary that 'too' much gold with this pen is not necessarily a good thing. The pen without the cap can stand very well on it's own. This is one of those kits that never really appealed to me FWIW.

-Peter-

Ligget

Looks good, I agree with Gerry regarding the curve.
In my opinion FWIW a B2B straight lower barrel would look better.
I think with any filigree kit a plain wood is a must, your ebony is fantastic choice.[:p]

mick

Andy I've got to agree about the curvature of the lower barrel. While I like the filigree kits and have made several, I think IMHO or as Connie would say my NEVER humble opinion, the ebony would look much better with the silver filigree! Still all in all a nice looking pen!

Skye

I don’t like gold and black as a combo. Reminds me of a blinged out car.

I also think that those kits do a disservice to the pens. Sure, a little fancy metalwork is pretty, but it hides the wood, which should be the focal point of any pen, IMHO.

twoofakind

I think I have to agree with you skye, I make this for a person who wanted a custom pen, but then they backed out. So now I am stuck with a pen I don't really care for. Oh well.
Andy

TomJ

Nice Pen. I think I would leave the bottom barrel straight. It is all a matter of personal preferrence. I have the same kit and will be turning it soon. I will try a bloodwood and let you know how it turned out.
Tom

Galanw

In my opinion, what this kit needs is a closed end...all wood and no end finial. The decoration on the cap would look classier with an all wooden bottom.

Skye

I think it's going to look very topheavy with a closed end. You need some gold opposite the cap to even it out. Never know though. Maybe gold inlay rings on a closed end?

gerryr

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />G'Day Andy does this kit come in different platings and who stocks? it would be good in silver[:D]

Woodcraft is the only one that sells this particular filigree pattern. Berea has three different ones in either Upgrade Gold or Chrome and CSUSA has yet a different one in either 10K or Rhodium, plus CSUSA also has a European filigree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom