Clarinet Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tieflyer

Tieflyer

I'm baaaack!
I've spent a lot of time focusing on bowls, hollow forms and technique. Finally decided to get creative with pen design. My skills are still questionable but my confidence is up.

So, a Clarinet and Slimline met, fell in love and had a baby.
This was a kit challenge, to make something without using two components from a standard slimline pen kit. I used clarinet parts to replace the center band and clip. The body is black Alumilite. It does work as a twist pen still and you can write with it. Been thinking on this since I saw my first real artistic Steampunk pen here!

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichB

That is great. I play the Clarinet and talked to one of the laser owners about designing a blank but it didn't happen. He said it would be a complicated blank with all the parts.

Tieflyer

Thank you! I did a search and rediscovered the penmaker who was my inspiration. Si90! His Steampunk series started the gears turning for me. I did instrument repair back in the day and have all these old parts still. This was a fun piece and I'm going to try and make a full collection of instrument pens.

jttheclockman

There was a person here that took first place in the free style back in 2012 for a pen similar to that. It may have been Martin. My memory is not what it used to be. :) Nice job.

OZturner

Incredible Creativity Jeff .
Excellent Execution, and Finish.
I expect there are a lot of Liquorice Stick Aficionados, who would love a pen like that.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom