Claddagh in Olive Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeD

MikeD

I have been playing with the laser, and have been getting a little better at it. I think this is a nice combination. I always liked turning olive wood, and now I like engraving it as well.

200821241330_Claddagh%20engraved%20BOW%206x6.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeD

Thanks guys.
Steve(Stevers)I have only been doing my own pens so far. The type of wood has everything to do with the look of a deep engraving. I engrave prior to assembly, so if I screw up, I don't worry too much about it. Other people's pens would add an extra level of tension. I guess I could be talked into it, if it were the right type of wood.
Karl, with the exhaust, you don't smell much, unlike the rest of the pen making process.

jhs494

Very nice Mike! I think it turned out excellent.
Once you have it mastered I think you will be very busy...

Awesome looking pen by the way!

By the way I went to your website, nice looking site.
Someone will snatch that pen up quick!

Radman

I'm assuming you have a rotary tool in your Helix to engrave that? I looked at one for my Epilog and couldn't believe what they go for.

Nice job!
[8D]

MikeD

Thanks guys
Radman - Yes, I forgot to mention that when I gave the Laser info. I used a rotary tool, and just like you, I couldn't believe what they cost either, but then.........

jhs494

Originally posted by MikeD

Thanks Joe.
I just got back from the post office. That pen is on its way to CA. Someone bought it overnite.

I am not surprised. That was a very nice pen at an excellent price.

Keep up the great work and Thank You for sharing it with us.

stevers

Originally posted by MikeD

Thanks guys.
Steve(Stevers)I have only been doing my own pens so far. The type of wood has everything to do with the look of a deep engraving. I engrave prior to assembly, so if I screw up, I don't worry too much about it. Other people's pens would add an extra level of tension. I guess I could be talked into it, if it were the right type of wood.
Karl, with the exhaust, you don't smell much, unlike the rest of the pen making process.

I have no call for it, but you never know. Let a few folks know about it and it could take off. Keep us a breast of your experience progress. Like someone said, there could be money to be made with that.
Beautiful work, nice job.

Celt40

That has the "WOOOW" factor [:p]real nice looking works well on this wood.
Are the machines expensive?.

Top Bottom