See more from Richard Gibson

Civil War pen with a Lamburnham blank from the Sandringham Estate in England

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 370
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Wow,that looks really nice! That wood has a real antique look to it,I think it fits the pen perfect.

I want to try turning a Civil War pen someday,are they hard to do?

Steve

RogerH

Steve:

Civil war pens are very easy-one tube.

If you have a friend or customer that is a Civil War nut, they will love it. I've found that using burls or an antique wood like Richard chose, works best. I've used reclaimed wood, with rusty nail holes, and that works well too.

Good luck.

renowb

That's nice! Better hide it guv'nor or The British shall reclaim that pen!

I did think about the irony as I chose the wood but it was the best fir "looks" wise :biggrin:. The pen is very easy to turn. It was my first one of these but will not be my last. I have a Rebel Flag inlay kit I'm getting ready to do on the next one. Here in the South I think it will sell well :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments.

JimBlack

Another clip?

Really like the pen!! Would like to try one myself. Hope I can make it look this good.

But my work takes me into schools, airports, police stations, etc. I am afraid that an overzealous security officer will go bizerk over the rifle-shaped clip. :mad::mad: Is there an alternate clip?

Sabaharr

But my work takes me into schools, airports, police stations, etc. I am afraid that an overzealous security officer will go bizerk over the rifle-shaped clip. :mad::mad: Is there an alternate clip?

If your finger fits in the trigger guard you MAY be a real threat.

Top Bottom