Civil War Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is PSI's new Civil War Pen, The cap end is a "58 Caliber Minie' Ball" replica. The tip is a "44 Caliber 1860 Colt Army Revolver Bullet" replica. The clip a "Model 1861 Springfield Rifle Musket". The plating is Black Ti and the blank is Black/Blue PR it has been wet sanded to 1500 and MM to 12k and finished with plastic polish. This is for my brothers birthday on the 23rd, he loves firearms and black powder shooting. :biggrin:

Attachments

• civil war pen 005.jpg
    civil war pen 005.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 289
  • civil war pen 010.jpg
    civil war pen 010.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 216
  • civil war pen 012.jpg
    civil war pen 012.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 174
  • civil war pen 027.jpg
    civil war pen 027.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I just saw this in their catalog tonight... I thought it would make a pretty nice pen.. and it does. My stepson is a civil war buff.. think he would like one too. I like what you did with it.. how is the kit to work with... any quirks you can pass along??

Texatdurango

I wish I hadn't read the post now! I always look at the photos first and thought... cool, someone plated some mini-balls, then I read where you bought it as a kit.

Looks really nice and the musket clip adds a flair to it.

So, are you going to cast a red/gray blank for the southern folks? :)

maxman400

I just saw this in their catalog tonight... I thought it would make a pretty nice pen.. and it does. My stepson is a civil war buff.. think he would like one too. I like what you did with it.. how is the kit to work with... any quirks you can pass along??

It was straight forward Super Easy If you have ever done a Polaris it is pretty much the same kit. It takes a 3/8 drill bit, but it is a long blank to drill just go slow and clear chips a lot. I drilled mine on the lathe.:biggrin::biggrin:

I wish I hadn't read the post now! I always look at the photos first and thought... cool, someone plated some mini-balls, then I read where you bought it as a kit.

I think I have a couple of red/grey blanks from Jeff in Indiana that I got in a swap... soon as it warms up (I'm a wuss about cold:rolleyes:), have to go out to the shop and check... might have to try one of those.

maxman400

Funny you mention that, That is what I was looking for first but did not have one only had red a green. But I have another kit for some casting.:rolleyes:

Jgrden

I want to try one. I got my Woodcraft Spring Sale Accouncement to day. Like you said, 20% off on 10 Pack Pen Kits, Pen Kit Accessories. Yippeeee...Going to go see the gang at 1960 and I-45.

jbostian

That is a great looking pen. I just saw that in the catalog this afternoon and was thinking about giving it a try. My dad is a big Civil War buff nx I thought he would like it as a father's day gift. The only problem is he is starting to get into turning pens and he may turn this pen before I get a chance to give it to him.

Jamie

khogan16

Great Pen, I ordered one of those the other day. I have a special piece of wood that I am going to use on mine, It has a bit of history. I'll post more about it when i'm done.

Top Bottom