Circus pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

Here we stacked up some Colorply blocks leftover from other pens to see how it would look. It gets more positive responses than I expected. We had to cut part of the tube off after the Ply on one end flew apart because the glue didn't make it far enough into the blank. Colorply absorbs CA like nobody's business.

Attachments

• circus.jpg
    circus.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 787
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Yeah. I had the same thoughts. It's not my favorite I've turned so far, but it's been a crowd pleaser. Once we get more Colorply I need to make more now that I know tha practice works. Thanks for the compliment!

azamiryou

It goes great with the fittings, I like the way the transverse ridges in the center band echo the transverse pattern in the blanks.

Where/how are you selling?

Drstrangefart

I knew it was going for less than it could be considered worth. Had to work with the constraints of the crowd I was working with. It was either 20 or nothing because that was all he had. And I'm still not quite sure how to comfortably price the pens. Hopefully I'll get a better idea as I make more. West Ga is a tough nut to crack when it comes to selling what at the end of the day are pure luxury items. The sales I got last night were person to person at my local comic shop. People that knew me and were aware of the fact that I needed to get some pens out there and make the fact that they exist known. Got a lot of feedback from the room off 3 sales, so it wasn't the worst I coulda done. A lot of the guys there were really interested, but I'm gonna be working on a method to get a consistent quality job done with mostly throwaway woods to sell at the $25 mark out here, and splash in a healthy number of the much nicer ones that I can ask for $50-$80 from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom