Circuit Boards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

I had a request from a customer for a matching set of circuit board pens in a ballpoint and a fountain pen. I didn't have much time to turn around the order and found the orange blanks at the local Woodcraft instead of the green.

1_PCB_Fountain.jpg
1_Orange_PCB_Sierra.jpg

I'm not too thrilled with the blank used for the cap of the fountain pen, but it's what the customer wanted.

Thanks for looking.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AceMrFixIt

I agree with you about the orange, the green makes the components stand out more but you did a fine job with what you had to work with.

broitblat

Tell us more about the blank.

Well, I had pulled out a selection of blanks to go with the circuit board. I was thinking something neutral like black, gold or silver metallic, etc., but I also had this orange and black acrylic (I think this was a Berea AA blank). The orange in the acrylic doesn't really match the circuit board, but the customer's always right...

-Barry

bruce119

Nice Work

There are many ways to modify this blank. It is built on a sierra tube that a cigar tube will slip into perfectly. And if memory serves me a Barron uses a cigar size tube on it's lower barrel as do a few other kits. You just need to be careful turning and plan ahead. The 2 long orange fuse looking components are the highest. Put this on the end that has the largest diameter. I've seen a cigar pen made from these also.

Again nice job
Bruce

Top Bottom