Circuit board question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mwildes

mwildes

Good morning,

I have a coworker that does other arts & crafts besides penturning. He saw the circuit board pens and was wondering..........

1) Can he order the tube shaped circuit board from anyone here, without it being cast in acrylic? He wants the "raw" board on the exterior of his finished product, but needs the tube shape.

2) What is the largest ID available? Are there diameter size options?

3) How is the seam sealed, once the board is formed into a tube?

4) How are the circuit boards formed into tubes? Heat gun? Are there any tutorials on forming the circuit boards?

If these are available, please send specs and pricing.

Thanx,

thewishman

Marty, the blanks are complete and cast in acrylic (in Taiwan) when we get them. A member here used to make them himself. You can purchase boards from electronics recyclers (about $8 a pound) or take apart your old electronics. The boards are made up of several layers of metal and other stuff and you have to remove the components before sanding. I used a blow torch to melt the solder off the back of the boards. You then need to sand through layers of fiberglass and copper... creating a toxic mess. You can buy a blank and remove the acrylic cast material much easier than you can make your own.

bruce119

Beartoothwoods has the selection. I used to make them but no more other things to do no time. They are very dangerous to try yourself a lot of toxic stuff in there.

good luck

Top Bottom