Circuit Board Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pens By Scott

Pens By Scott

So, I was in the shop today, setting up some more pens to make, and stumbled across a circuit board blank I had chipped pretty bad. Of course, it's part of the learning process that we blow a few blanks, but this was a circuit board.

Well, I also happened to have a Sierra Button Click Pencil kit. I knew the barrel was the same diameter (27/64) but the barrel length was a bit shorter. I checked it out, and then decided to go for it.

I used a band-saw to cut off the amount not needed, and it included the horrible chip-out I had made on the blank. I trimmed the blank with a barrel trimmer, and put it all on the lathe. The chips that were raised were removed in the shortening of the barrel, so, I could go with a smaller finished diameter.

So, here is the end result, all comments welcome!

Attachments

• Ciruit_Pencil.JPG
    Ciruit_Pencil.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 251
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Way to go! That will be a one of a kind pencil you can show off. Now, if you saved the hardware from the circuit board kit and have a spare Wall Street or Sierra tube you can make a Wall Street III pen from that.

Pens By Scott

Way to go! That will be a one of a kind pencil you can show off. Now, if you saved the hardware from the circuit board kit and have a spare Wall Street or Sierra tube you can make a Wall Street III pen from that.

Bob, already done so, did it last year when I blew up the Circuit Pen Blank the first time. I kept the damaged blank to remind me to be more careful and use sharper tools... Now, it'll remind me that not all my mistakes are always final....

Top Bottom