Circuit board on Nomad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MTViper

MTViper

I ordered 5 of the Nomad pen kits, the latest in Berea's Sierra Line, from Bear Tooth Wood. I'd seen them in ads and liked the carbon fiber look. I decided I wanted to turn one yesterday while I was in the shop and instead of cutting, drilling, and gluing up a blank ... then waiting another day, I went through my box of pretubed blanks. Sure enough I found a black circuit board. So I turned it to fit the Nomad.

I like the look of this pen but I won't make another one like this out of circuit board. The Nomad uses the standard 20A bushings from Berea instead of the larger ones for a Sierra Vista. This is the smallest I've ever turned a circuit board without having a blowout. I swear I can feel some of the chips when I rub my finger over it. Overall, though, I'm very pleased with it. I love the carbon fiber look on the metal parts. If Berea would put a stylus on it, it would be perfect.

Steve

Attachments

• Nomad01.jpg
    Nomad01.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 242

mecompco

I do like the carbon fiber look. She's a bit "pregnant" for my tastes, but I think the circuit board works. I've done a bunch of circuit board Sierras and Elegant Sierras. Don't be afraid to go bushing to bushing--that circuit board wrap is pretty thin. Just my experience, YMMV.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom