Circles in a Forest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

This is the pen I am sending Mike (Hosspen) my PITH partner. My apologies for being past the due date Mike, I hope the wait is worth it. The pen is packaged and will be in the mail first thing Monday.

During some e-mail exchanges Mike mentioned that he liked the Sierra Click, was intrigued with my aluminum inlays and he was continually trying new materials and constantly searching for unique woods or wood with a story behind it. This pen seemed to fit the bill:

"Circles in a Forest" made with African Blackwood from South Africa and aluminum inlays made by someone originally from Africa :)

As always, any comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

1_ACT_6689-small.jpg

When I make the "Circles in a Forest" Sierra blank I find it efficient to make two at the same time. I have donated the "sister" blank to a raffle being held to benefit Eagle's family. More details on this and other great prizes can be seen at http://forum.eagleswoodworking.com/index.php/topic,7.0.html

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nylajune

The Sierra Click is not one of my favorite kits....the clicker on top looks odd to me. BUT, the aluminum inlays in this blank are awesome, Keith! :good: Hope to see more aluminum inlay creations in the future! :)

Finding it difficult to type with my jaw on the keyboard and my tongue on the floor.

A truly beautiful and amazing pen.

Am I the only one who gets jealous looking at these things?

Just wondering.

Hosspen

Wow! Wow! Wow! What an awesome pen! That combination is striking! You are the master of the inlaid "circles in the forest" as far as I'm concerned. I can't believe I'm the lucky recipient of this work of art. Thank You

VisExp

Thank you for the positive comments everyone.

Wow! Wow! Wow! What an awesome pen! That combination is striking! You are the master of the inlaid "circles in the forest" as far as I'm concerned. I can't believe I'm the lucky recipient of this work of art. Thank You

You're welcome Mike. It's been fun getting to know you and Alan (my other PITH partner). This has been a fun PITH :)

clthayer

That's a jaw dropping WOW pen. I can see how it's done, but can't guess how you get the cuts consistent.

Or maybe I'm an idiot and don't have a clue how you do it.

Top Bottom