Cincinnati Fan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwilki

My buddy is a Bengals fan, so I did this up for his birthday. Both the blank and the inserts are bowling ball.

20071128222513_bowling%206%20-LR.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Very nice. Bowling ball is tough stuff! How'd you slice the darn ball up? I used to work in a bowling alley years and years ago as a teenager and one of my jobs was repairing dings in balls. Interesting knot too, looks 6 sided.

MikePittman

You did a great job on that pen! Evenly spaced and all look the same size too. I'd love that pen myself. I am a Bengals fan too. Wish they were doing better!

gwilki

Jeff: I didn't cut the balls. Lee Valley Tools sells bowling ball blanks in a few colours. They are nice, because they are cylinders, not square. You're right; it is six sided.
Thanks Michael. I didn't know how they were doing this year, so I went on their web site. Not looking real good, are they.

gwilki

Thanks much to you all. I did two of these at the same time, but I don't know that I will do many more. The 6-cut is a bit of a bitch. It was worse in bowling ball than in wood, and I thought the wood one that I did was a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom