Cigars wrapped in burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

I got the chance to turn a few this week. Here are two cigars:

The first is Amboyna burl with Padauk. I blew out the lower barrel and couldn't rescue it. I am satisfied with the combination and feel the pen looks much better in person than in the pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a maple burl.

attachment.php

After assembling this last one I realized that I had switched the bushing and the lower barrel is small (but I think acceptable) at the center ring and at the cap the barrel is over sized . I will disassemble it when I get home from vacation and turn the top down to the proper size.

Attachments

• Amboyna and Padauk.jpg
    Amboyna and Padauk.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Amboyna and Padauk 2.jpg
    Amboyna and Padauk 2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Cigar in Maple Burl 2.jpg
    Cigar in Maple Burl 2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 267

Herb G

Nicely made & beautiful pens my friend.
It always amazes me to see how different a block of ordinary wood can be transformed into a thing of beauty.
:)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I got the chance to turn a few this week. Here are two cigars:

The first is Amboyna burl with Padauk. I blew out the lower barrel and couldn't rescue it. I am satisfied with the combination and feel the pen looks much better in person than in the pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a maple burl.

attachment.php

After assembling this last one I realized that I had switched the bushing and the lower barrel is small (but I think acceptable) at the center ring and at the cap the barrel is over sized . I will disassemble it when I get home from vacation and turn the top down to the proper size.

Both look good Steve!

Yup, I've done both miscues myself! I do love Padauk, and it was a nice match with the Amboyna.

Top Bottom