Cigars N' More

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Heres a lineup of what I worked on today. Left to right pink ivory, whitetail deer antler, maple burl, maple burl letter opener, curly black walnut, afzelia burl, bolivian rosewood, red oak burl bottle stopper, curly black walnut bottle stopper.

2006910211719_cigarsnmore.jpg

SWMBO and I are probably going to be involved in the Isle of Wight county fair this next weekend (last minute thing, not 100% sure we can get in, but the chairman knows my work, and has told me several times he wants me there), and I realized that I probably don't have enough inventory of bowls, vases, furniture and pens to last 4 days if sales are good. Figured I'd get out and do some pens today, since those are a pretty good production item.
BTW, I did all my pens with a skew for the first time, and I like it very much!! I have only played a bit with the skew in the past, but I got Alan Lancer's DVD on the skew, and after only watching about 15 minutes, I realized some of the things I had been doing wrong. Much more comfortable with it now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodnknots

Oh, one more thing. That black walnut is the first pen I've done from my stock I harvested myself. I have more if anyone would like some, just email me and I'll see how much I can spare. It's extremely curly. I know that there are some out there that have some of my curly black walnut. I haven't seen any pens from them yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom