Cigar's to honer me finally posting pics.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JeremyJ

JeremyJ

Its time I stop lurking and starting posting. Here are a coupe of gold cigars, one corn cob dyed with a wine color, and the other a spalted maple. I think they both turned great no problems with either of them. I just need to working on sharpening my tools an all "wood" be good. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy

Attachments

• corn cob pen.JPG
    corn cob pen.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 243
  • spalted maple.JPG
    spalted maple.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

both look very well done! As far as sharpening, there may a tut somewhere on this site about that, look in the library section see if there is one hiding in there

phillywood

Both look very nice and i have some spalted maple that i may put them to use. BTW, since your so creative with the corn i wonder if you can make a pen out of the Squirrel's tail, who was eating the cob?:biggrin::tongue:

JeremyJ

Both of these sold to a family that wanted something representing the Midwest to send as gifts to their in-laws in Austria. The corn cob I think was fitting and they just liked the look of the maple. Thanks for the comments.

JeremyJ

Yes I just used fabric dye. I turned the cob, sanded, then wiped on the dye. Then lightly sanded and applied more dye once I got color how I wanted I used CA as a finish.

Top Bottom