CIGAR WITHIN A CIGAR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is for a coworker who loves cigars. Awhile back I got some cigar roller balls from ED, and had not done any thing with them yet. A coworker saw the cigar pen I made about a year ago and asked if I could make him one. He gave me a band, a cigar book and showed me what he wanted. This is what I came up with. First photo was the target. It has 6 coats of thin CA left un-buffed or polished. The ash is corian shavings cast in clear alumilite.
Thanks for looking, comments welcome.:)

Attachments

• sp-cigasst93-view2.jpg
    sp-cigasst93-view2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 274
  • CIMG0072_1_0_tonemapped.jpg
    CIMG0072_1_0_tonemapped.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 339
  • CIMG0049_50_tonemapped.jpg
    CIMG0049_50_tonemapped.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 258
  • CIMG0056_5_tonemapped.jpg
    CIMG0056_5_tonemapped.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 391
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very cool Max. You did a good job on this one. If I were to change anything, it would be less ash. But hey, who am I? I don't even make these kinds of pens.:redface: Just a FWIW :biggrin: Great pen!

Jim Burr

Banned
The 5 Vegas Gold is one of my favorite sticks!!! That is a great way to make ash...two thumbs up!!

maxman400

That is great. Did you CA over the band or just glue it on?

Ken
Since I was not sure how the CA would react with the ink in the band, I first sprayed it with Krylon Cristal clear, then I lined it up on the blank and glued half of the band to the blank (let it dry) then glued the other half. After I was sure it was glued securely to the blank, I applied thin CA to the band and the blank to seal all of the edges real good. :biggrin: I am happy with the way it turned out, you can still feel all of the embossing on the band.

maxman400

Very cool Max. You did a good job on this one. If I were to change anything, it would be less ash. But hey, who am I? I don't even make these kinds of pens.:redface: Just a FWIW :biggrin: Great pen!
Chuck, I would have made this one shorter if it was for me, but the guy I made it for showed me this photo when I was talking to him about how I was going to make the ash. So that's why I left it a little long.

Attachments

• cs-nub.jpg
    cs-nub.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 91
Top Bottom