cigar with snake clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have been wanting to make another one of these since I gave the first one I made to one of my uncles.

Black Walnut with sterling silver hardware. the finish is Dr's Woodshop friction polish. I had seen one of our other members use it and I ordered some and decided to try it out on this pen. The pictures dont do it justice at all. I will do a mini revue of the product tomorrow in that forum.

This pen is a duplicate of the one I use in my avatar. The snake is a little large for any pen smaller than the cigar style. Its fairly heavy and I am considering making it over again. Enjoy and comments are welcome.
DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful piece of lumber Mike. That friction polish looks like it has quite a shine to it. The silver looks good too. Nice cigar all around.

bluwolf

Nice job Mike. I had seen bits and pieces of this one, but not the complete pen. Nice contrast between the silver and the walnut.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have it on my desk using it to see how the finsh holds up. This is a great finish to replace CA if you have allergic reaticns to ca. I have used poly but the can dries up an goes to waste before I use it all or even most of it. Also you can put 3 coats on in a couple of minutes, hit it with a little wax and then buff it and bam its looks really good.

Top Bottom