Cigar Replica

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JF36

JF36

I have been away for a long time and have not had the chance to make many pens recently or post on here. This pen was inspired by the cigar replicas MartinPens has shown. The cigar body is made of walnut and the nib was from a broken navigator kit. All comments good or bad are welcome.

Attachments

• DSCN1780.jpg
    DSCN1780.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN1782.jpg
    DSCN1782.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN1783.jpg
    DSCN1783.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN1786.jpg
    DSCN1786.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN1787.jpg
    DSCN1787.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Man, your ash is great too. You guys have some real talent for making wood look burnt!

Personally, I would turn it around and not write with the ash end. Also, did you finish the wood on the inside joint (where the threads are)? It looks (and it may just be the pictures) like it is dull as in there isn't any finish.

MartinPens

Looks like you got things lined up pretty well. Glad you gave it a try. I think that's the closest, to what I make from the outside view, that I've seen so far. Nice job on the ash.

Martin

MartinPens

I started with mine flipped around as well. It does look much better and makes more sense to have the ash on the cap end. Getting the diameter down and cleaning the look up when it is apart is "fun!" : )
so.... have fun!

JF36

Sorry it took so long to get back to all of your questions.
Very nice looking pen. What did you use for the ash & how did you make the ash?
The ash was made using a dremal.

That is an awesome cigar replica. I am curious though, how comfortable is it to write with?
It is very comfortable to write with it. The transition from the large diameter to the small diameter does not bother me when writing.

That is an awesome cigar replica. I am curious though, how comfortable is it to write with?
Looks like you got things lined up pretty well. Glad you gave it a try. I think that's the closest, to what I make from the outside view, that I've seen so far. Nice job on the ash.
Thank you it was a fun project and I am hooked. I will be making more of them.

did you finish the wood on the inside joint
The inside of the joint is finished, but the end grain soaked up a lot of the finish.

Top Bottom