Dale Allen

C&C welcome!

Attachments

• seem_show.jpg
    seem_show.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 467
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

If I really zoom in on the picture, I can see the seam. But it is pretty well hidden. Nice job on the grain match. It will be interesting to see what comments you get about the size of the shoulder where the cap thread meets the body. I'm still trying to figure out how much should is too much shoulder on my pens.

Nice Job!

Ed

Last edited:

islandturner

Wow, that is a nice piece of wood, and an exceptional pen. Good job on the ash -- it looks very real. I can see the joint, but it would be near impossible to hide it altogether. Nice match with the grain. Way up there on the coolness scale....

plano_harry

If I really zoom in on the picture, I can see the seam. But it is pretty well hidden. Nice job on the grain match. It will be interesting to see what comments you get about the size of the shoulder where the cap thread meets the body. I'm still trying to figure out how much should is too much shoulder on my pens.

Nice Job!

Ed

Dale's pen looks great. I have wondered how comfortable these pens are to write with. Have you considered using a full size Gent to have less shoulder down to the section?

Dale Allen

Awesome pen. One question how do you manage to use kit parts and yet get the joint to be so precise?
Martin, that is accomplished with some custom tooling made by me....don't ask cause it's more involved than anyone would want to know!

As for being comfortable to write with, why bother.
This is a novelty pen, not something you would write a letter with.
I decide when I started making these, about a year ago now, that I would use the pen kits to give the piece the class it needed and to make it a pen as well. I make them without the hardware but those are a bit boring!:sleepy:

Last edited:

76winger

Nice Job!

Ed

Dale's pen looks great. I have wondered how comfortable these pens are to write with. Have you considered using a full size Gent to have less shoulder down to the section?

Good Question, I've wondered about this as well when I see some of the cigar replicas. I'm sure the shoulder lands in the middle of your hand when holding it, but the edge could still be pushing against the fingers, making an uncomfortable feeling while writing I'd think.

Top Bottom