Cigar pen and Americana pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snazzypens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snazzypens

I am playing with segmented pens. I am sorry about the photos. I am very photo retarded. These 2 are my favourite I have done. I had to share. This pen is made of purple heart, yellow heart, liptospernum and gidgee.

20purpleheart,%20and%20gidgee%20and%20liptospernun.jpg

This pen is made of bloodwood and cherry and tasmanian oak. I been trying to acheive Diamonds. I managed it on this pen.

20068250212_diamonds%20top%20on.jpg

this is a shot of the diamonds

200682502134_shot%20of%20the%20diamonds.jpg

I look forward to your replies
bye Toni

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Snazzypens

Thank you all very much, I did was rather simple..using seminole patterns from patchwork, I used a blank of cherry, blank of tasmanian oak and a blank you know those one that you get that are two tones, half cherry and half blood wood checkered one..
Then I cut them all up and glued the checkered pieces between the normal squares, they glued them up in steps, so the end one lined up with the bloodwood so your blank you are looking at is heading crooked. Then just trimmed and turned. Pretty easy

Hope that helps some or more confused?
Toni

emackrell

Ummm, Toni... would love to say "oh I get it now" but Mom always taught me not to tell lies. [:I]

Any chance you could post photos or sketches of the diamonds-in-the-making?

cheers Eileen [8D]

Snazzypens

I followed this pattern but with wood
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/sewing/glasscase.shtml
I used cherry and tasmanian oak for the edge pieces, I used a laminated piece for the centre. Like the one in figure one in this article for the centre each time
http://www.woodpenblanks.com/Tutorial/MorningAfterTutorial.pdf
HTH bit better
Toni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom